Living with only two carry-on bags
During the fall of 2017 I left Paris, France to start a company (Phaser, which is now Bloom) from anywhere in the world.
Here is how I achieved to live with only 2 carry-on bags and be able to pack my stuff and move to the other corner of the world in less than 20 minutes.
There is many benefits to have all my stuff fitting in only two bags. Here is a few which come to my mind:
- Don't have to pay for checked luggage.
- I don't lose time everyday to chose my outfit.
- Ability to pack and relocate to anywhere in the world in less than 20 minutes.
- All my stuff is high quality. If something is damaged, it's replaced.
- The places where I live are always in order, and easy to clean.
- Unparalleled ability to travel and see beautiful places.
- Wash cycles are easier (1 / week).
- Reduced ecological footprint.
- Reduced cognitive load to choose my daily outfit.
None so far. Really.
Easpak Floid (Black - 16L)
The 'frontpack' is actually my everyday backapck. It should carry enought stuff to sleep far from home for 2 days.
- my 13' laptop with it's powerbank
- 1 socks pair
- 1 underpant
- 1 RaspberryPi 0 w for hacking
- USB cables for my stuff
- 1 ebook e-ink reader
The North Face Base Camp Duffel XS (Black - 33L)
The 'Backpack' is generally used when relocating to carry my clothes or when the 'frontpack' is not adequate.
- 1 Volcom Frozen Chino for formal events (very high quality pant)
- 2 Uniqlo men dry stretch sweatpants for everyday use
- 2 Uniqlo men dry stretch sweat full-zip hoodie
- 1 short swinsuit
- 7 Uniqlo Airsim underpants
- 7 Celio socks pairs
- 4 Uniqlo airsim teeeshirts
it also contains my toilet bag:
- 1 nail clipper
- 1 tweezers
- 1 toothbrush